Assignment One: Personal Narrative

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Off Season by Noah Levesque

​I heard the sound of small white seashells cracking beneath my slim bicycle tires as we pulled out of the driveway and onto the street. I could already feel the beaming sun shining down on my face, and a droplet of sweat gliding down my neck on the hot Summer day. As we hit the bike trail, a salty breeze blew from behind as we made our way to Sconset. We passed by rolling hills, tall trees, and beautiful lakes like speeding cars, zooming past all that is around them. We saw plains as flat as paper as we followed the winding bike path with the heavy beach chairs straped on to our backs. As my tires hit the sand and skidded to a halt, I chained up my bike and waited for the others to arrive. I turned and saw the sun hovering above the breathtaking beach. The seagulls circled the area in search of a snack while singing piercing songs in the sky.

Suddenly there was a scraping sound, footsteps, and the clattering of a bike chain and my friend stepped beside me.”Where should we set up?” he asked.”Wherever. I don’t care.” I stepped out on to the scalding sand as it burned my bare feet. I sprinted to the water, where I stepped in the cooler, more welcoming sand, probably almost leaving a trail steam off as I stepped. I stopped to look at the ocean, and just stared for a moment. The blue sea seemed to stretch on into infinity, never hitting anything else. The gigantic waves crashed down on the beach, sending up shells and ocean debris. The late afternoon descended into the horizon and I almost forgot I wasn’t alone on the practically deserted beach.” I guess we’re the only ones here.” I gazed out to see the whole length of the beach, natural and seemingly undisturbed.”Yeah…” I muttered.”I guess so.”

4 comments:

  1. Where was this? This sounded cool. Who were you with? Why was the beach deserted? How old were you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one was by


    Noah Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  3. This took place in Nantucket. I was with a family friend that we often vacation with. It was fall of this year, so not may people were there even though it was warm.

    Noah Levesque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolz. I don't suppose your friend was Bret? How long ago was this?
    - Will Anderson

    ReplyDelete