Assignment One: Personal Narrative

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Swimming by Austin Reillly

​“Let’s go swimming,” said my friend George.
George, my friends, Jack, Jared, and I walked from George’s house to Jared’s house to go swimming. After about 30 minutes we started running around the outside of the pool until the water started swirling making a whirlpool, and every time we passed the ladder we would swim under it, because it was fun. This continued for about 10 minutes until we got bored. Just as we were about to get out of the pool my friend George said,”Let’s try to swim trough two rungs on the ladder.”
I agreed to give it a try, thinking it would be easy to slide through. I took a deep breath and started to move towards the ladder.  I moved as slow as a sloth towards the rung on the surface and the middle rung. I made progress when suddenly half way through I stopped. I couldn’t move forward or backwards, my waist was stuck, and my head was stuck underwater. I could faintly hear laughter from my friend George.
“Just don’t break the ladder,” said my friend Jared.
I started to get scared and started to wiggle around. Suddenly someone grabbed my arms and pulled me to the surface. As my head broke the surface I was relieved to be out of the water, and saw that it was Jack who pulled me out. As I started to climb out of the pool I turned and thanked him.
“My turn” exclaimed George.

2 comments:

  1. My turn.... Were you not entertained enough!?!?!?
    -Tuck da 5'9"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did george actually do it after you almost drowned? That must have been scary.



    Noah Peterson

    ReplyDelete